2012年10月18日星期四

Christianity Beta




On a lot of subjects, his way of looking at things really astonishes me. He can still show things in a fresh perspective, though his books are about Mulberry Bayswater Bags a hundred years old.





In his later writings, he quite strongly scoffs at Protestants at times. This is disturbing, as I haven't quite figured why. I probably would find information about his conversion in some of his books, but frankly there's a lot to read. I haven't dared ask about it here before, as I've been afraid it would be off-topic.





Chesterton probably wrote more than anyone ever so I'm sure he can tell you in his own words why he converted from Atheism to Anglicanism and from Anglicanism to Catholicism.





See: Catholic Church and Conversion and Why I am A Catholic and The God With the Golden Key





As an avid reader of Chesterton, I'm often perplexed at how much love he gives to Catholics even before he became one himself. He converted to Catholicism in 1922 and only spent 14 Mulberry Bayswater Bags years on earth as a Catholic. But starting in 1908 with the Man who was Thursday the heroes of his books and stories have been Mulberry UK predominantly Catholics (Father Brown, Gabriel Syme, Ian Maclan).





When reading Orthodoxy, he makes and incredible defense of Catholicism, he defends priests and Catholic doctrine.





the view that priests darken and embitter the world. I look at the world and simply discover that they don't. Those countries in Europe which are still influenced by priests, are exactly the countries where there is still singing and dancing and coloured dresses and art in the open-air. Catholic doctrine and discipline may be walls; but they are the walls of a playground.


没有评论:

发表评论